|Prior Book | Prior Chapter | Prior Verse | Next Verse | Next Chapter | Next Book | Viewing NASB and Amplified 2015|
|NASB||Isaiah 7:9 and the head of Ephraim is Samaria and the head of Samaria is the son of Remaliah. If you will not believe, you surely shall not last.""'|
|Isaiah 7:9 "And the head (capital) of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son [King Pekah]. If you will not believe [and trust in God and His message], be assured that you will not be established."'"|
Recently, I have been looking into many anti-missionary websites. Often these websites are run by practicing Jews who do not beleive in Yeshua (Jesus) as the Messiah, and try to discredit the Brit Chadishah (New Covenant, or Testament), Yeshua's Messiahship, and the Christian/Messianic Jew claims that the Messiah came over 2,000 years ago.
Often they bring up some very interesting questions and arguments to support their claims. However, most are surrounded by church doctrine and Christian history concerning their treatment of the Jews in the Name of Messiah.
I have gathered together 14 sample questions that many anti-missionary websites use to dissuade other Jews that Yeshua is not the Messiah. I would like to post them here on this forum too see how Christians and Messianic Jews answer them. Some are rather easy and simple. Others may be hard. I ask that everyone please try their best to answer the questions that they can to the fullest of their ability.
We are told to test ourselves, to show ourselves approved. It is at this time, that I ask everyone to join me when I say to the anti-missionary people, to non-believing Jews world-wide, and to everyone else that does not beleive that Yeshua is the Messiah, the He is and we will prove it with the Scriptures themselves. Please answer the best you can.
Anti-Missionary Arguements and Objections:
1. The Messiah is to be a decendant of King David. Yeshua had no physical father, therefore He could not be the Messiah. (ref. Numbers 1:18,2:2)
2. Mathew traces Joseph's genealogy back to King David, but through King Joceoniah. In Jerimiah 22:30, this king was cursed by Adonai. This curse disqualifies him, or any of his decendants of being a Messianic Candidate. His sons name was Sheatiel, and again he is disqualified.
3. In Luke's genealogy of Yeshua, Yeshua is again disqualified from being the Messiah because the Messiah must be a decendant of King David through his son Solomon. Luke lits Nathan. (2 Samuel 7:12-13, 1 Chronicles 17:11-14, 22:10, 28:4-7)
4. In Isiah 7:14, the word translated as "virgin" is "almah" which means "young woman". Virgin, in Hebrew is "betulah"...so in Matthew 1:22-23, he misquotes Scripture.
5. Mark 8:11-12 states that Yeshua would not give any signs to "this generation". However, John 12:37 and Acts 2:22 condradict that statement.
6. In John 5:31 and John 8:14, Yeshua condradicts Himself. Explain.
7. Yeshua said that it was Zechariah, son of Berechiah who was killed in the Temple courtyard (Matthew 23:25) However, the Scriptures state that it was Zechariah, son of Jehoiada who was killed there (2 Chronicles 24:2-22)
8. According to Acts 7:53 and Galations 3:19, the Torah was given to the Jewish people by "angels". But, according to Exodus 20:1 it was given to Moshe by G-d. Which is right?
9. Romans 10:13 ztates that whoever calls upon the Name of the L-rd shall be saved, however Matthew 7:21 states otherwise. Why?
10. John 8:14 and John 5:31 contradict each other. Explain.
11. Yeshua "justified" the sinner in Romans 4:5, 15:9) However, Proverbs 17:15 teaches that "He who justifies the sinner is an abomination to G-d". Explain.
12. In Mark 6:5, it says that Yeshua "could do no miracle". However, Mark 10:27 says that "with G-d, all things are possible". Which is it?
13. In John 7:8-10, it appears that Yeshua lied. Explain.
14. John 20:9...cannot be found anywhere's within the Tanakh (OT). Explain.
I will say that these are the types of questions I get asked often on forums and chat sites by other Jews. In no way am I saying that I agree with any of the questions. I have found the Promised Messiah of Israel, Yeshua Ben-Yoself (Jesus son of Joseph). I believe that by accepting Yeshua into my heart, and having faith in Him, that my sins are forgiven for He was my blood sacrifice. Again, these questions do not represent my posistion.
I look forward to an intense discussion on the above questions.
Sha'alu Shalom Yerushalayim
Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
Shalom b'shem Yehsua HaMashiach
Bible Answer: Greetings from one of the wild olive branches! (Romans 11)
You listed this question:
"1. The Messiah is to be a decendant of King David. Yeshua had no physical father, therefore He could not be the Messiah. (ref. Numbers 1:18,2:2)"
The Bible tells us:
"Jacob was the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, by whom Jesus was born, who is called the Messiah."
" When He began His ministry, Jesus Himself was about thirty years of age, being, as was supposed, the son of Joseph, the son of Eli..."
Jesus was considered Joseph's son in a legal sense.