Personal profile for user screen name: fmp6954I a 71 years of age,Married one wife, 5 children,7 grand children 1 on the way.and 1 great grand child.
became a Christian in 1953
I was Baptized for the remission of my sins, and raised in newness of life. I am a faithful Christing walking in the Light.
I avoid the term "theology", preferring instead the term "doctrine": theology is what humans say about the Bible; doctrine is simply what the Bible says.
My belief is to speak where the bible speaks and be silent where it is silent.
I am generally amillennial.
I practice only practiced a cappella music in worship services.
I do believe that baptism is a necessary part of salvation.
Faith is the reason why a person is a child of God; baptism is the time at which one is incorporated into Christ and so becomes a child of God.
Baptism is understood as a confessional expression of faith and repentance, rather than a "work" that earns salvation.
I generally teach that the process of salvation involves the following steps:.
1. One must be properly taught, and hear (Romans 10:17, Matthew 7:24);
2. One must believe or have faith (Hebrews 11:6, Mark 16:15–16);
3. One must repent, which means turning from one's former lifestyle and choosing God's ways (Acts 2:38, Acts 17:30, Luke 13:3);
4. One must confess belief that Jesus is the son of God (Matthew 10:32–33; Acts 8:36–37);
5. One must be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38; 1Peter 3:20–21; Romans 6:3–5; Mark 16:16; Acts 22:16); and
6. One must remain faithful unto death (Revelation 2:10).
I am strongly anti-Calvinist!
I am a member of the Lords Church established at Penacost. And spoken of in Romans 16:16.
(The above information has been submitted by the author for use solely by the StudyBibleForum.com)