|Prior Book | Prior Chapter | Prior Verse | Next Verse | Next Chapter | Next Book | Viewing NASB and Amplified 2015|
|NASB||Colossians 2:18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,|
|Colossians 2:18 Let no one defraud you of your prize [your freedom in Christ and your salvation] by insisting on mock humility and the worship of angels, going into detail about visions [he claims] he has seen [to justify his authority], puffed up [in conceit] by his unspiritual mind,|
|Bible Question: In Colossians 2:18 is this talking about those that say they are seeing angels and trying to get you to worship angels? Not those that say they have seen angels and explaining that we have them as ministering spirits and they only listen to a command of Gods Word?|
Bible Answer: Hi Sandy:
Your question, on Col. 2:18 has nothing at all to do with the worshiping of angels.
The only connection that I can make to the angel part is, someone might say, I have seen an angel and this is what he said. Example
(Joseph Smith) (Mormon Religion).
The rest of the Chapter tells you WHAT WAS SAID, in verse 18.
Verse 8 says the same thing, as the others,that's why I added it.
I cannot say it any better than Paul wrote.
18) Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
20) Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21) (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22) Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23) Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
I hope these will answer, your question, now that you understand them, in context.
Now go back and read the whole chapter, and see if it all makes sense.
GOD BLESS Jim
|Up | Down View Branch||ID# 205280|
|Questions and/or Subjects for Col 2:18||Author|