|Prior Book | Prior Chapter | Prior Verse | Next Verse | Next Chapter | Next Book | Viewing NASB and Amplified 2015|
|NASB||Psalm 72:1 Give the king Your judgments, O God,
And Your righteousness to the king's son.
|Psalm 72:1 Give the king [knowledge of] Your judgments, O God,
And [the spirit of] Your righteousness to the king's son [to guide all his ways].
|Bible Question (short): A question of capitalization: Psalm 72|
Question (full): A question of capitalization; Psalm 72
I submit this to you for your consideration. It is in the hope that in this time of Bible
translations galore that you will develop your own, marking your Bibles, putting in changes
of capitalization (which are interpretive); for it is how we individually interpret scriptures
that we get to know (Him) for ourselves personally. All nations shall serve Him; all nations
shall call Him blessed. The capitalization will matter to you if you are (hopefully) looking
for the King and not a king.
Parenthesis mine for comparison, text NASB,choosing some marginal notes, and some NKJ.
Psalm 72 A Psalm of Solomon
l. Give the king Thy judgments, O God, and Thy righteousness to the king's Son.
2. He will judge (Thy) people with righteousness, and Thine afflicted with justice.
3. The mountains will bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.
4. He will vindicate the afflicted of the people, save the children of the needy,
and crush the oppressor.
5. They will fear Thee while the sun endures, and as long as the moon,
throughout all generations.
6. He will come down like rain upon the grass before mowing,
like showers that water the earth.
7. In His days the righteous will flourish,
and abundance of peace till the moon is no more.
8. He shall also rule from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth.
9. The nomads of the desert will bow before Him; and His enemies lick the dust.
10. The kings of Tarshish and of the islands bring presents;
the kings of Sheba and Seba offer gifts.
11.Yes, all kings shall bow down before (Him).
All nations shall serve Him.
12. For He will deliver the needy when he cries for help; the afflicted also,
and him who has no helper.
13. He will have compassion on the poor and needy,
and the souls of the needy He will save.
14. He will redeem their soul from oppression and violence; and their blood
will be precious in His sight.
15. *So may he*live; and may the gold of Sheba be given to him; and let them
pray for him continually; let them bless him all day long.
16. *May there be*abundance of grain in the earth on top of the mountains;
its fruit will wave like the cedars of Lebanon; and may those from the city
flourish like vegetation of the earth.
17. His name shall endure forever;
His name shall continue as long as the sun.
And men shall be blessed in (Him).
All nations shall call Him blessed.
18. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone works wonders.
19. And blessed be His glorious name forever; and may the whole earth be filled
with His glory. Amen, and Amen.
20. *The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.
|Down View Branch||ID# 6979|
|Questions and/or Subjects for Ps 72:1||Author|